Boyan Paskalev Bontchev
Data and Place of Birth:
May 30, 1965
Contacts in Bulgaria:
Boul. Yanko Sakazov, 10
1504 Sofia, Bulgaria
tel.: (+359) 88 98 89 48
(+359) 2 44 70 09
1989-1992: Ph.D. degree in Computer Science received at the Center of Informatics and Computer Technology - Bulgarian Academy of Sciences. Ph.D. thesis topic: "A Hybrid Data Flow Architecture with Multiple Tokens".
1983 1988: M.Sc. degree in Electronics and Automation Engineering received at the Technical University of Sofia, Faculty of Computer Systems and Control. M.Sc. thesis topic: "Behavior Simulation of a High-Parallel Data Flow Processor".
1985 1987: Translator degree in German Scientific and Technical Literature - Technical University of Sofia, Free Faculty.
1992 1993: Study of Petri nets modeling techniques under a scholarship of AAD at the Austrian Ministry Education (three months), at the University of Vienna, Chair of Computer Science.
1991 1992: TEMPUS specialization within the BASCULE project (four months) at the
Technical University of Aachen, Chair of Informatics IV.
Last Professional Employment:
Since April 2001: Guest lecturer in Sofia University and independent IT consultant.
September 1999 March 2001: Senior programmer and project manager at Rila Solutions, Sofia, Bulgaria.
October 1995 - August 1996: Research associated at the Center of Informatics and Computer Technology - Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Sofia, Bulgaria.
January 1997 July 1999: Software engineer and consultant at ESDI Ltd., Lisbon, Portugal.
May 1993 - September 1995: Software engineer and consultant at OBLOG Software Ltd., Lisbon, Portugal.
Last Teaching Experience:
2001 - 2002: Java Server/Side Programming course within the M.C. program at the Sofia University, Faculty of Informatics (lectures and seminars) - http://www.skalasoft.com/students/jssp/
2000 - 2001: OOAD-UML course within the M.C. program at the Sofia University, Faculty of Informatics (lectures and seminars) - http://www.skalasoft.com/students/uml/
2000: OOAD-UML course within the M.C. program at the New Bulgarian University, Faculty of Informatics (lectures and seminars)
English, Portuguese, German, Russian, Spanish
Selected Scientific Publications:
3. Bonchev, B., M. Iliev. "Modeling and Analyzing of Concurrent Systems with ETN", in Proc. of WP&DP, Sofia, April 16-19, North Holland, 1991.
4. Bonchev, B. "Distributed Discrete-Event Simulation Using Synchronized Cooperative Clusters of Processes", in Proc. of ACMBUL ISME, ACM, Varna, September 25-29, 1991.
7. Bonchev, B. "Hierarchical Modeling of Parallel Systems with Extended Timed Nets", in Petri Nets Newsletter, Bonn, No, 40, December 1991, pp. 8-16.
8. Bonchev, B., M. Iliev. "A Hybrid Data Flow Architecture with Multiple Tokens", Proc. of CONPAR-VAPP V Int. Conf., Lyon, France, September 1-4, 1992, Lecture Notes in Computer Science No. 634, Springer Verlag.
10. Bonchev, B. "A Clustering Algorithm for Hybrid Data Flow Graphs", in Proc. of WP&DP, Sofia, May 5-7, North Holland, 1993.
11. Bonchev, B., M. Iliev, K. Boyanov. "Data Flow Architectures - State of the Art and Trends", Journal of AITAS, No. 1, 1993 (in Bulgarian).
12. Bonchev, B., M. Capitao. "A distributed message passing coordinator for OBLOG applications", in. Proc. of V Int. Conf. on Information Networks and Data Communication, Funchal, Madeira, April 18-21, 1994.
13. Gouveia, J., B. Bonchev. "An object-oriented model for creating distributed applications", Proc. of the Int. Workshop on Concurrent Engineering Frameworks and Applications, Lisbon, April 5-7, 1995.
16. Bonchev, B., M. Iliev, K. Boyanov. Controlling data-driven parallelism in a hybrid dataflow machine with multiple tokens, BAS comptus rendes, Vol. 49, No. 5, 1996.
17. Bonchev, B., V. Georgiev, K. Boyanov. Object Oriented Concurrent Programming. The OBLOG Programming Language, AITAS Journal, No. 5,1996, pp. 20-27 (in Bulgarian).
18. Boyanov, K., M. Iliev, B. Bonchev. "Combining the Benefits of Data-Driven and Control-Driven Computing in HDF-MT", J. of New Information Technologies, Moscow, 1998 (in Russian).
20. Bontchev, B., V. Georgiev, K. Boyanov. Procedural Dataflow Control of the Computations in Distributed Systems, AITAS Journal, No. 4, 2000, pp. 11-15 (in Bulgarian).
21. Bontchev, B., V. Georgiev, K. Boyanov. Middleware Service Support for Modern Application Presentations, Proc. of 15th SAER Conference, St. Constantine resort, Varna, September 2001.
22. Bontchev, B., N. Gabarev, H. Pavlov. A Mobile Chess Game, Proc. of 16th SAER Conference, St. Constantine resort, Varna, 20-22 September 2002.
23. Bontchev, B., S. Danev and A. Sharlandjiev. Web Portal for Professional Financial Services, Proc. of The eBusiness and eWork Conference, Prague, 16-18 September 2002.
Some Industry Projects: